We have several changes to our schedule due to Hallowe’en! This Wednesday will be have a spooky theme, so wear a costume (school appropriate-no weapons, masks, or blood) or civvies. Since Hallowe’en falls on a Monday, we will cancel our Band Training for the 31st to reduce traffic around the school.
REMEMBRANCE DAY – 754 Squadron will be participating in the Port Moody Remembrance Day ceremony on Friday 11 November. We have been asked to provide a sentinel for the Cenotaph in front of the Legion as well. It is expected that all cadets, including recruits, attend this parade. We will be meeting at the school around 0900 hrs to issue jackets to new cadets, then will make our way to Kyle Centre for the ceremony. We should be done by approximately 1145 hrs. Parents are welcome to observe the ceremony, but please be advised parking is limited.
BAND IS RECRUITING – Any cadets, new or returning, who would like to be in the Band are invited to come to training on Monday 24 October at the school gym, from 1900-2100 hrs. We need lots of musicians and potential musicians to help us grow!
- MON 24 OCT – BAND TRAINING – 1900-2100 hrs – dress is civilian clothes
- WED 26 OCT – TEAM NIGHT & HALLOWE’EN ACTIVITIES – 1820-2120 hrs – dress is costume or civilian clothes
- MON 31 OCT – BAND TRAINING CANCELLED DUE TO HALLOWE’EN – for the safety of our community, we will not hold Band to keep traffic away from the school
- WED 2 NOV – REGULAR TRAINING NIGHT & CO’S PARADE – 1820-2130 hrs – dress is WINTER DRESS – jacket, shirt, and tie – CO’s parade will start at 2030 hrs – parents are invited to attend (space is limited) – Level badges will be presented to all cadets who finished their training in June
- FRI 4 NOV to SUN 6 NOV – SENIOR FTX – Level 5 cadets will be headed to Chilliwack for a refresher in how to run a Field Training Exercise after taking 3 years off