During the summer, the Cadet Program offers Summer Training opportunities for cadets who apply. Transportation, housing, food, and training are provided by the Department of National Defense (DND) at no charge.
Summer training courses are divided into four categories:
- National Summer Training Course (NSTC). All NSTC applicants will go through a Review Board to be selected for his/her choice of course. In addition, applicants for Glider and Power are also required to pass the aviation exam in order to become eligible;
- Staff Cadet Positions. All cadets interested in serving a Cadet Training Center (CTC) as a Staff Cadet will submit an application to our Regional Headquarters for selection;
- Non-NSTC courses. All non-NSTC applicants at CTC’s will be selected at the Regional level.
- Cadet Activity Program. All 5 day and 2 week local CAP applicants will be selected at the Squadron level and confirmed at the Regional level.
Courses offered can encompass a variety of specialization, where each specialization usually offers a junior and senior course. Passing the junior course can increase your chance to be selected for the senior course, but it is not a requirement. These specializations include:
- Leadership and Instruction
- Fitness and Sports
- Aircrew Survival
Pictures from the various CTC’s can be viewed by clicking on the links below (note – some FB sites are pre-COVID and may not reflect current practices).
HMCS Quadra: http://www.facebook.com/HMCSQuadraCdts
Cold Lake: http://www.facebook.com/coldlakecadets