All youths aged 12 to 18 years are welcome to join this youth-oriented program.
Under normal conditions we meet once per week from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm at Moody Elementary School, 2717 St. Johns Street in Port Moody. Due to the Public Health situation, we are currently awaiting direction on how our year can start. At present, we anticipate using September to register and meet on-line, with a return to in-person training in October on Wednesday evenings. Other training will take place on selected weekends. Please see our calendar for timings.
Parents interested in helping should go to the Sponsoring Committee (Parents) page under “Who Are We?” .
Our contact info can be found here .
New Cadet Registration
For new cadets, follow these steps:
- Click on this link to go to our online registration tool, fill it out, and submit it (note – we are listed as 754 Coquitlam Squadron, but are in Port Moody).
- After registering online, click on this link to complete the registration process for our Parent Sponsoring Committee.
- You will be contacted within 1 week to confirm your registration, and will receive instructions to make an appointment for checking documents and getting sized for a uniform.
We are currently hoping to have appointments for new cadets in the second half of September and early October. Dates and times will be released when we are able to confirm them, as well as the method to signup for appointments.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
If you meet the requirements for application, you must bring the following documents when you come to your appointment:
a. Bring a photocopy of one of the following
- A valid Canadian passport
- A birth certificate
- A valid resident card
- A valid identification card issued by a Canadian provincial agency
- A valid identification card issued by a Canadian federal agency
b. You will need proof of medical insurance for your youth (BC Card Care, private insurance – i.e. Blue Cross). We will not take a copy of this information, but you will need to present it before finalizing the application.
Returning Cadet Registration
For returning cadets, follow these steps:
- Submit your registration for the Parent Sponsoring Committee at this link (you DO NOT need to register again like when you were a new cadet).
- Check your email and this website regularly for information on making an appointment to receive your Annual Verification Package and to do uniform exchanges / receive your new Field Training Uniform. If you haven’t filled in our questionnaire from August, please do so here.
We are currently hoping to have appointments for returning cadets in mid/late September. ALL returning cadets must make an appointment to go through the verification and uniform process.
Documents to download and read (printing not necessary):
Joining Instructions – these are rules and information for cadets UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES. Some of the information will be changed due to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Aide-Memoire – this gives useful information about COVID-19 as it pertains to cadets.