Here’s our schedule and some notes. If you’re not sure about who is meeting virtually and who is in-person, check our Calendar under the What’s Happening? tab.
Please note that this week will be the first in WINTER DRESS (jacket or tie). All training will be in winter dress unless otherwise noted.
WED 27 OCT
– in person training for Level 1 and Level 3 – arrive between 6:15-6:30 pm and pickup between 9:00-9:15 pm – go to gym doors
– online training for Level 2 and Level 4 – on Teams – be online by 6:45 pm – will end by 8:30 pm or so – check to see that you are still able to get onto Teams – your Level channel will have changed to your new level
– if you are having issues with Teams, please be patient – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your first and last name, rank, level, and as many details of the problems as possible – please do not call the Squadron
WED 03 NOV
– in person training for Level 2 and Level 4 – online training for Level 1 and Level 3
- ONLINE PARENT ORIENTATION MEETING – this will be a Zoom meeting on Tuesday 9 Nov, at 7:00 pm. Parents of new cadets are especially welcome. Details will be sent closer to the date.
- MUSIC CLINICS – Cadets may receive an email inviting them to participate in various Level Musician Clinics over the next few months. These Clinics are run by the Regional Staff and will be online only. They are being run on Saturday mornings from 0830-1200 hrs. Any cadets that are beginners (not part of the Band) should take one of the Military Band Basic courses (not all – they are the same course on different days). If cadets have official cadet musician levels, then they should take one of the courses for their NEXT level. Cadets need to have a good internet connection (audio necessary, video preferred), an instrument at home, and access to materials (link to be provided).
- REMEMBRANCE DAY OBSERVATIONS – while we do not have any ceremonies planned, we are checking into whether we can mount a guard at the Cenotaph on November 11th. We are also checking into whether cadets are allowed to wear their uniform to in-school ceremonies. Stay tuned.
- PARKING – parents are NOT to drive onto school property to drop off or pick up cadets. Only staff are allowed to do so. Please make arrangements to pick up and drop off your cadets at the front of the school, or on the street behind the school.
- ABSENCES – if a cadet is going to be absent, please use the absence form here – do not call the Squadron or email.
- NEW REGISTRATIONS – we are continuing to accept registrations for new cadets, subject to our facility limits. Please check our post on registration from 8 September for more details.